The Springboard Ambassador Programme is designed for people already working in the hospitality, leisure and tourism industry to develop their skills in spreading the word about the exciting and varied career opportunities available to potential recruits.
The Ambassadors are selected by their employers for their passion and enthusiasm for the industry and the programme develops their presentation skills giving them the confidence to be bright, progressive advocates who provide a realistic insight into the wealth of jobs and career opportunities within our industry. They also get the opportunity to develop discussions about career progression based on their own, often-amusing experiences.
Highlights of the course include:
- Developing presentation skills
- Increasing confidence
- Advice and guidance on work experience and implementation through the INSPIRE programme
- Developing skills to deliver careers advice and guidance and how to be effective in doing so
- Highlighting delegates' awareness and celebration of their own organisation’s brand
- Equipping the delegate with tools to become an advocate of their brand
- Become a Talent Scout, internally and externally (crucial for recruitment and retention)
- Be part of the Speakers into Schools Campaign
Once trained, Ambassadors are encouraged to (and are) linked with their local education establishments to ensure that their newly acquired skills are used effectively. They also have the opportunity to participate in a wide range of Springboard programmes and are encouraged to participate in a minimum of three activities per year.